2. Go on-line to look at the Federal Register at http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/ to determine if there are any topics of interest that pertains to the subject matter that we have discussed in class. This is the Legal newspaper published daily by the US National Archives and Records Administration. It contains current federal agency regulations, proposed rules, and Executive orders.
3. We will be attending 3 ENV seminars classes that subjects are regarding environmental regulations.
4. Go online to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/ to assess the Code of Federal Regulations. You can also go to the library and look at a hard copy of 40 CFR. I want you to familiarize yourself with this important resource. We will discuss the CFR and the Federal Register in class.
5. Check the OSHA website at http://www.osha.gov as well.
6. Go to newsroom then news releases. Provide me weekly with violations and fines that you have found. You may also bring in news articles that you find in your paper or use whatever reliable source you have and plan to provide a brief comment.
7. In groups of 3-4, you will be required to present a PowerPoint Presentation DURING the semester. Please give yourself adequate time to investigate what topic you choose and prepare to present on an Environmental regulations topic. I will either choose the topic or agree with what you chose.
8. Library research is MANDATORY. I will provide some time before class is let out but you are also responsible to use the library when researching your topic for your group presentation.
9. All students are expected to be in class to see the presentations of your fellow classmates (NO leaving early …respect the presenters).
Links to Policies Covering Three Rivers Community College Student handbook
a. Please ensure that you are familiar with and follow the student’s handbook regarding attendance, plagiarism, student behavior and the like. This information can be found at: Http://www.trcc.commnet.edu/Gen_Info/PolicyLinks.htm